Monday, August 24, 2020

#106 This is the end of the road for me here in Finland

 Honestly.... this week has been so busy and way fun! I wouldn't have wanted the last week of my mission to go any different. We had a good time teaching, finding, serving, and going to the sauna. But I'm not gonna write about every day because honestly, after sending literally a million emails on my mission I am all out of emailing energy:)) Just know it was good and was a very normal and busy week as a missionary:)). 


I am very grateful for the opportunity that I've had to be a missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I would not trade these last 2 years for anything in the world. I have made friendships that will last a lifetime, and I have memories that will be with me every single day. I have most definitely learned more about the gospel than I ever thought was possible... I would and I am still learning and will continue to learn. The great part is it's all a journey and we just keep going and God will tell us when we have reached the end. But in the mean time... we keep striving to improve ourselves and learning more and more every day:) 

With that being said... that is what I'm going to keep doing after my mission... am I going to be perfect at it? Nope. But am I going to try? Yep.  One thing that I've learned is that God appreciates and values effort, he doesn't expect us to be perfect... but just that we try.  


If you ask me... "what was the number one thing you learned on your mission? Of the best thing you learned? Honestly, I'll probably give you a different answer every time. I don't think I could say that one thing I learned is more important. And yes some of the things I've learned are simple things that we learn as a child.... but I guess now I understand it better and know it better than I did before. I can tell you this though... that I learned the other day... Goat and Oysters, surprisingly not a bad combo but there are some repercussions for it Haha. 


But I've learned a lot on my mission and I'm proud to say I achieved my goals that I had before coming out. I didn't want to return from my mission with any regrets. I do not regret anything from my mission, and I am very happy with the way I have served. There is a quote "you have 2 years to serve the Lord and an eternity to think about it" and for the rest of eternity I have nothing but good things to think about from my mission. 

I had the goal of returning a better person than I was when I left. And I feel that I am returning a much better person than I was before I left. Does that mean I am perfect? Heck no. But it just means that I am trying to better myself and will continue to do that. 


Thank you to all of you who have supported me in my decision  to serve a mission these last two years, I really appreciate it. 

Other than that this is the end of the road for me here in Finland... but my road continues back in the states. 


Hope y'all have a good week and I'll see ya soon!


Elder Love out



No comments:

Post a Comment