Thursday, April 9, 2020

#85 General Conference

Well... this week has come and gone pretty quick I would say. After being "locked up" about 3 weeks now I'm starting to get used to being at the apartment so it's not so bad Haha. And to think it's already April that's pretty crazy as well. But here's what we did this week. 

Wednesday we had district as usual so that was fun getting all the elders together to chat. It was fun as well cause our district council time was also extended a little but so we got to spend some more time with them and chat. But we had a good district council and also talked about what's working and not working with finding over facebook. The rest of that day was spent dedicated to studying the Finnish language, the Swedish language, and then trying to find on Facebook. 

Thursday we started out the day getting all of our studies done and trying to figure out more about these languages Haha.  We went to the church and practiced some music for this fireside that we are trying to put together. But since there is only a piano there... I just get some extra study time while Elder Kuntz plays the piano. We made some pretty good pizzas for dinner and then we had a mission wide call. That night Elder Kuntz and I were asked to talk a little bit about preparing for conference so we had something to do which was fun. Then we listened to the other missionaries talk about some other stuff but it was pretty good. 

Friday was the glorious weekly planning day. I have mixed feelings on weekly planning just depending on the week. Cause I've done it like 80+ times haha. But we weekly planned and got our next week indoors planned out. We practiced some more music this day as well and made some progress in our musical abilities. I am in fact trying to see if I have a musical bone in my body by playing the guitar. We are slowly making progress but it's a tricky lil fella. And with my musical knowledge it's gonna take eons to learn... but hey it's pretty fun Haha. That night to we met with some therapist/ psychiatrist for the Europe area and he spoke to our whole mission about how to avoid stress and anxiety and told us some relaxation stuff we could do. 

Saturday I was honestly just waiting for general conference to start. We did some language study with a Fin who will be joining our mission... and he helped us out with our Finnish which was way fun. Plus he seems like a cool guy so it's fun to get help on this tricky language. We did some Facebook finding and I still have no idea what I'm doing but hey we will figure it out. I mean it's only Facebook so it can't be that hard....but then again I struggled to know how to use Twitter and everyone said that was easy so maybe I'm just a lost cause when it comes to technology Haha. That night we watched the first session of general conference and that was way good! Honestly it was weird at first to see them do conference in an different room and have like absolutely nobody there. But still really enjoyable. 

Sunday was pretty much spent catching up on the sessions we missed while we slept and studying in between.... so it was a pretty busy day. But of course general conference was the highlight of the day. It was way cool. I probably haven't heard the word "Restoration" used that much in such a short amount of time Haha. And as usual Elder Holland was probably my favorite talk. Definitely 10/10 will listen again. But the line up they had with Elder Holland, Elder Bednar, and then to finish off the session with President Nelson. At first I was way confused when President Nelson was talking about how they didn't go with like a memorial but instead went with words. Don't know why but I was thinking he had come up with some slogan or catch phrase that he was gonna announce... but a proclamation to the world is much better than either of those...and makes a lot more sense than a catchphrase. But that was pretty cool since the last proclamation was the Family proclamation in 1995. That night was a long night doing call ins and talking to all the elders.... but it was really fun chatting with them haha. 

Monday we caught up on the last session of general conference which was another great session as well. And temples in Shanghai and Dubai?! That's was way cool to hear. If only my friends from the United Arab Emirates only realized how big that is. But I guess we will just have to teach them some more. But that is way cool. And when you heard Shanghai did you think China was being opened for a little bit? Cause I did. But the time is not now... but this is a big step in that direction. We also practiced some more music with our friend Jenni. She also told us she was leaving to go back home to Kajaani for a few weeks so I'm not really sure if we will get this fireside done before I leave... but she let me borrow her guitar still so I can keep practicing... so that was sweet. Be prepared after this quarantine I'll be the new Willie Nelson. I know mom loves him so much hahaha. Not really she doesn't like him Haha sorry Willie. We are also teaching Elder Kuntz's grandparents in Denmark over Skype which is pretty cool. Except for the fact that I don't speak danish and they don't speak anything else.... so I just sit there but it's a good time haha. 

But that's been our week, and it's been a pretty good one! Hope you all enjoy Easter this week and study more about the life of our Savior. Cause it is because of Him that all things are possible. That's one thing I noticed during conference they made a big emphasis on personal revelation and getting to know our Savior. Definitely something that I can and will work on. Getting to know our Savior better will only strengthen us. 

Hope you have a good week! Stay Corona Free haha

Elder Love out 

No comments:

Post a Comment